Saturday, April 20, 2013

Shirley J {Review}

I love eating, and baking, and cooking. The only problem is I wish I was a better cook. I have just recently started living on my own so I am consistently looking for new and yummy recipes to try out. Hey, the more  I practice the better I will get. I am so glad I found Shirley J! They have great products that make cooking and baking easier and tastier. 

Who is Shirley J?:
Shirley J® is a cooking and baking solutions company based in Orem, Utah. 
We are the creators and leaders of the universal cooking base product category. Whisk Bliss®, our flagship product, is a unique universal cooking base that creates quick and delicious sauces, soups, mixes and more that are healthy for you and your family.
In addition to Whisk Bliss® Original, Shirley J® has developed an entire line of Whisk Bliss® flavors both savory and sweet. We also offer 20+ more products including bouillons, seasonings, spices, bakery mixes, breakfast products and the one and only Mugging! (baked in a mug for 90 seconds) bakery mix line.
What I got to try:

-Whisk Bliss is a unique UNIVERSAL COOKING BASE that 
creates quick and delicious sauces, soups, and endless savory 
sensations that are healthy for you and your family.

Try Some! Pasta Alfredo, Old-Fashioned Sausage Gravy and 
Broccoli and Cheddar Soup all become easy, quick and healthy 
thanks to Whisk Bliss. The proof is in the taste , and satisfaction is 
100% guaranteed.

-Shirley J sets the standard for bouillons. Our chicken bouillon has a rich, deeper flavor and is more concentrated with a greater yield than other brands, allowing you to use less with tastier results. It's also lower in sodium than other brands, making it a better nutritional choice.

I decided with these two products I wanted to make an Alfredo 
sauce. I will tell you at first I was a little intimidated  I have never 
made my own sauce before. I wanted to give it a try because I hate 
the taste of Alfredo in a can, it's so heavy. 


Recipe I used:



COOK TIME:  10 MIN  |  LEVEL: EASY

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 c. Shirley J Whisk Bliss Original
  • 1/2 tsp Shirley J Chicken Bouillon
  • 4 c. Water
  • 1/2 tsp Granulated Garlic
  • 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
  • 1/2 c. Grated Parmesan

DIRECTIONS:

In a medium saucepan add all ingredients except for cheese. Mix thoroughly and bring to a slow boil, simmer 5 minutes. Add Parmesan, stir.
Note: This recipe can be made gluten free by using Whisk Bliss Original Gluten Free and serving over gluten-free pasta.


I have to say it was beyond easy to make this. I feel a little bit like a chef now that I can make my own Alfredo sauce :) It only take 5 ingredients to make this sauce and was very quick to make. I had dinner ready in less than 20 minutes. I put a little shrimp in my sauce with the pasta and presto, a food creation was born. My boyfriend loved the sauce too! Which is saying a lot because he can be a picky eater sometimes (sorry boyfriend).



The great thing about Whisk Bliss is the fact that it can be used in 
so many recipes. It is versatile and can be used in meals for 
breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Don't know what you can put this in? 
Not a problem. Shirley J's website has a section fill with many tasty 
recipes to use in your own kitchen. 
Overall, I give Shirley J and the products I used 2 thumbs up!


To learn more and connect with Shirley J:
Facebook
Twitter
Website


Disclosure: I received products for the purpose of an honest review. I did not receive any form of monetary compensation. All opinions are 100% mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment