Friday, June 7, 2013

Brandt Beef {Review}

I have a great company to share with you guys. I love beef jerky, steaks, burgers but I really don't like to think how it gets to my plate. I know it's a part of nature/food chain but I want to know the process was humane. Brandt beef is a family owned company that produces beef in a noteworthy way.

About Brandt:
-Philosophy: "farm to fork"
-Raise animals humanely
-No hormones used
-No antibiotics used 
-Promote no waste (use the entire animal)
-Conscious of the land.


I really enjoyed reading the ways Brandt runs its business and stays sustainable!

Staying Sustainable:
  • Brandt Beef employs crop rotation practices to maintain healthy soil for growing the alfalfa for its animals’ feed.
  • Brandt Beef composts its animals' waste to enrich the land.  Utilizing the compost has allowed the Brandt family's farming operation to nearly eliminate the use of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides. Local farmers even purchase the compost to use in their own farming.
  • Brandt Beef uses flood irrigation to attract native birds which act as natural pesticides by eliminating unwanted insects from Brandt's fields.
  • Lady bugs are released on Brandt’s fields to naturally combat aphids. 
  • Brandt Beef works with the Imperial Valley's burrowing owls, which act as natural predators that rid the fields of pests.
 What I reviewed:
I received the beef jerky variety pack. This consisted of all 5 flavors the company sells. 



The variety pack comes with cracked pepper beef jerky, orange teriyaki , barbeque mesquite, traditional, and volcanic jalapeno flavor. They were all so delicious. I can say hands down this is the best beef jerky I have ever eaten. The quality of the beef is overwhelming noticeable. It's moist, pieces of corn fed cattle with great flavors. My favorite would have to be the orange teriyaki! My least favorite was the volcanic jalapeno. The beef was great but I'm not a fan of spicy food. Once you eat natural, fresh jerky; it's hard to go back to the jerky you find at the store. There is no comparison. I can't stress enough the quality found in this product! It's amazing. 


Connect with Brandt Beef:
Website
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

Disclosure: I received products for the purpose of an honest review. I did not receive any form of monetary compensation. All opinions are 100% mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment