Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Kodiak Cakes {Review}

About Kodiak Cakes:
In 1995, we at Kodiak Cakes set out the restore the American tradition of whole grain flapjacks with our first product, Kodiak Cakes Frontier Flapjack and Waffle Mix. Based on an old family recipe, our flapjack and waffle mix was developed by combining 100% natural ingredients into a magical formula which takes you back to the old frontier, when a hearty breakfast was imperative for a hard day’s work.

Old family recipe. 100% natural ingredients....I'm in!

What I reviewed:

So I decided to make these for the family on a recent vacation. First, I LOVE how easy it was to make these. 1 cup water, 1 cup mix...super simple. While I was cooking them they were flying on the plate! Everybody wanted some hot of the pan. They were so yummy! Light and fluffy yet they kept us full until lunch. The whole grain really satisfies. I was really surprised by how homemade they tasted. With just mix and water, you could fool anyone by telling them you were slaving away in the kitchen :) It's also so simple to make them your own with blueberries, chocolate chips, etc. 

I would give this mix two big thumbs up! It's an all natural and hearty way to start the day. 

Oh and another thing I love about Kodiak Cakes! A portion of sales goes to wildlife conservation. 


Ingredients: 100% whole grain wheat flour, 100% whole grain oat flour, non-fat dry milk, dry honey (honey, wheat starch), leavening (sodium bicarbonate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate), egg whites, salt. Just add water.

Connect with Kodiak Cakes:
Website
Facebook
Twitter

Disclosure: I received products for the purpose of an honest review. I did not receive any form of monetary compensation. All opinions are 100% mine.

1 comment:

  1. I love that this product uses 100% natural ingredients. To add the fact that they donate a portion of their profits as well..wow that's even better. I will be checking this company out. Thank you for your review!

    ReplyDelete